A Collection Of The Most Popular Research Paper Topics On The US History
US history is an inexhaustible source of topics for research papers. However, there is no point in choosing a topic on which you will not be able to find enough information or one of no particular importance. It’s advised to pick a topic that is really interesting for you. Thus you will be able to impress your teachers with the quality of your writing rather than the eccentricity of your topic.
A List of Topics for a Research Paper on the US History
- The D-Day invasion. Talk about the reasons that contributed to its success.
- The Korean War and America’s involvement in it. Was the decision to support the South in its fight against the North a right one?
- The U-2 incident.
- The Vietnam War and why America lost.
- The Iraq war and its consequences.
- Key people in American history.
- Pearl Harbor.
- Truman’s containment policy.
- The Great Depression.
- US involvement in the World War I.
- American Civil War.
- 9/11 attacks.
- The Cuban Missile Crisis.
- J.F. Kennedy’s assassination.
- Native Americans: How did Europeans change their life foundations?
- American Revolution
Analyze the consequences of the incident for the U.S.-Soviet relations.
Was America’s decision to invade Iraq a right one in terms of promoting peace and democracy?
Discuss the role of a person in US history. Are the roles played by some individuals exaggerated?
Could the US have predicted it? Would America have got involved in World War II had this attack from the Japanese not taken place?
Talk about this policy of the US government aimed at limiting the influence of the Soviet Union on the world stage.
Figure out what were its causes and repercussions.
Analyze its effects on the economy of the South and the lives of African American families.
What were the key issues that led to the conflict?
How did they impact American foreign and security policies?
Evaluate the consequences of J.F. Kennedy’s actions.
Who was behind it?
What did America win?
These are only some of the most popular topics on the US history.
Whatever topic you choose, don’t forget that a research paper is not a report where you just state facts. Instead, it’s a work that should prove a specific thesis. The topics mentioned above are not thesis statements. You should formulate your thesis based on the main idea of your study.